Remodeling Your Mobile Home: Step by Step Guide
Updated: Nov 22, 2019
Remodeling is something everyone thinks about when you own a home; mobile home or otherwise. So it’s natural for people to figure out how they can remodel the way they want to. So if you decided to take the task on yourself this is the article for you because we are going to show how to do it step by step.
1. You will want to remove the old carpet from the unit. All you’ll need to do is get a knife and cut strips down the carpet and pull it from the ground. Make sure you cut fully through the carpet or just enough to get a grip on it and give it a good pull.
2. Next, since we are on the ground you will want to remove the tile. All this will take is a tile removal tool or just your basic screwdriver will do the trick. Clear out some of the grout in between two tiles. After, jam the tool in the seam and give it some force to pull up the tile. Do that across the floor until all tiles are gone and clean up the mess.
3.Next, you’ll want to pull down the vents connected to the unit. This will get pretty messy so you'll want to put down some tarps to keep cleaning the mess up easy.
4. Next, you’ll want to get the doors off the hinges. This will require you to unscrew the hinges from the wall and remove the plates from the door. After just lay the doors down and keep all the pieces together. You will want to do the same for all cabinet doors and drawers and remove any wall paneling that is around the home.
5. After all, pieces are removed from the home you will begin sanding down all of the window panes and cabinets so you can add primer and be ready to add a new coat of paint on the selected items.
6. Now once everything is cleaned up on the inside and everything you wanted is sanded down, primed and repainted you are now able to put in all the new or kept pieces you'll want to add back to the home. You will want to add on the wall paneling, doors and cabinet pieces back on to fill out your home. Don't forget the venting as well, but we recommend you get some help with that. Then you will get the new tile and/or carpet to put into your space. After that add any furniture in the space you would like and begin to enjoy your new home!